Maybe time has come to change the look of your house and the idea that comes to your mind is to perform a home painting to start with. You can do this by adding some new style to your rooms allowing them to have more personality.
Since painting a wall generally takes more than one hour, the home painting in itself is a goal that many homeowners tend to accomplish being more at their ease to tackle this task on their own.
The following tips are meant to help into performing an easy and faster home painting project:
* Go for a quality type of paint – the saying “you get what you have paid for” probes itself in here as the lower price it is the lower quality the paint can have. You can find at reasonable costs name brand manufacturer to have their products sold at a mid-price but giving great results related to the coats of paint.
* Get the working surface ready – protect the wood trims, the window sills, the floors, furniture and carpets in various manner, either have the furniture and carpets removed from the area or simply have them covered in thick plastic materials. The clean up in the end will be much easier.
* Start from the ceiling – it is recommended Strata painting to begin with the ceiling because in this way no paint drops will fall ruining a freshly done home painting of the side walls.
* Utilize a power roller – this device will help your roller get the paint straight from the recipient and put it on the walls without needing the paint trays. In this way you can finish painting 20 square feet/minute.
* The moves should be in criss-cross – the first moves must be done in criss cross and afterwards return inside the area and move up and down. Thus you can make sure that there is an even coverage and minimum of paint dripping.
* A paintbrush should be used for edges and corners – these parts can not be painted with power roller as its area of coverage goes for the surface of the roller and doesn’t reach the narrow spots of the corners and edges.
* Keep an eye on the mess – before removing the tapes that have covered the window sills and frames of the doors, make sure that the home painting is dried already and take care of the immediate cleaning of the brushes, do not let them dry with the paint on.